Sign In Forgot Password

Meet the Temple Sinai Family

 

This is Who We Are!

 

About Us

The post war period brought Jewish families from the Newark/Elizabeth area to Union County. Local merchants who preferred to worship in the Reform tradition joined forces and with 40 families, formed a congregation. Temple Sinai was incorporated in February of 1952.  Temple Sinai's Religious School was founded in 1952 as well.

The congregation moved to 208 Summit Avenue in 1957, acquiring the Todd estate for $55,000. A large addition; worship space and school was added in 1965.

Read More...

 
Thu, January 17 2019 11 Sh'vat 5779